- Pay: $30-$40 per hour for Journeyman Electricians
- Family Healthcare package
- 401k Retirement Plan & Profit Sharing
- Stable "Pillar of the Community" Company
- Your own fully stocked service truck.
- Supplied company uniforms/
Hucker Electric has been a family owned and operated since 1929.
- We enjoy an excellent reputation in our community for quality work and our integrity.
- Our field personnel enjoy being well equipped with the tools and materials to get the work done efficiently.
- We supply our team with professional uniforms - no need to go home with the dirt from the day on you!
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be willing to pursue, develop and participate in continuing education.
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on each job.
- Able to work with inspectors, suppliers and co-worker technicians to ensure correct project work, while abiding by all codes.
- Able to draw simple wiring diagrams and be able to read other diagrams.
- Capable of following a wiring diagram on tracing installed wire.
- Able to install electrical hardware such as junction boxes, and circuit breaker panels.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of four years experience including hands on training and or work is required.
- Complete knowledge of current electrical codes required.
- Able to read and write English well enough to read and prepare invoices time sheets and proposals.
- Able to successfully complete mathematical aptitude evaluation.
- Capable of applying sound business judgment to all decisions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license
- Illinois electrical license
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The essential functions of the Electrical Service Technician - are to provide general electrical repairs and services.
- This position handles service calls to customers in their homes and utilizes customer service training to educate and assist customers in choosing service, products and finance options.
- Working indoors and outdoors in various climate conditions ranging from very cold with rain to very hot and humid.
- This includes attics, crawl spaces, and confined locations.
- Typical workweek is eight (8) to ten (10) hour workdays five (5) days per week with occasional weekend work, as well as early and/or late weekday meetings with customers, vendors and staff personnel as needed.
- This position regularly requires sitting, walking, bending, and lifting for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Able to handle or feel objects and use tools and equipment and must be capable of bending, reaching, crouching, climbing and crawling.
- Command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face for long periods of time.
Openings are limited - APPLY TODAY!