Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives, Inc. is seeking dynamic leaders as candidates for our Communications Director.
The Communications Director will create and guide the communications and public relations strategies for Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives and Buckeye Power, Inc. This position will directly manage a team of professionals; will assume the lead role for internal and external communications for the companies; develop and maintain the tools, resources to support strategic corporate and statewide cooperative communications initiatives. This position will collaborate on, at times, identify and lead, communications initiatives for the statewide electric cooperative network members.
Duties: Develop and oversee implementation of a broad comprehensive communications plan for Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives, Inc. and Buckeye Power, Inc. in support of the Ohio network of local electric cooperatives.
Plan and oversee all corporate media relations communications; identify media opportunities and coordinate media releases that best support the communications strategies.
Oversee the development and implementation of all youth education programs to support the Ohio cooperatives.
Oversee the design and creation of communications toolkits, projects, products and company websites.
- College degree required with academic focus in either Communications or Public Relations areas is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in media relations, corporate communications or public relations.
- Minimum of seven (7) years in a leadership, managerial position with responsibility/accountability for directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated experience in creating, facilitating strategic communications initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and Adobe Design application products.
- Travel (25%) in and outside of Ohio is required.
This position is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (OREC) is a non-profit statewide trade association serving Ohio's 25 independently owned and operated rural electric cooperatives. OREC facilitates collaboration among its member cooperatives and advocates on their behalf at the state and national levels. OREC works in partnership with its sister company, Buckeye Power, Inc., a non-profit organization that provides electric utility generation and transmission services throughout 77 of 88 Ohio counties.
We are proud to offer you:
- A culture that fosters service, a sense of community
- 401k – Traditional and Roth 401k (Company matches 100% of Employee Contribution up to 5%)
- An additional Retirement Pension Plan 100% Paid by the Company
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Savings Account (Company Contribution with optional Employee contribution)
- Generous paid leave
- Long Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives, Inc. and Buckeye Power, Inc. are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers.