Thomas & Hutton is a privately held professional services company founded in 1946. To provide quality service and project support to our public and private clients, our technical competencies include Civil, Environmental, Structural and Marine Engineering; Land Surveying; Land Planning; Landscape Architecture; Geographic Information Systems and Construction Administration.
Thomas & Hutton has an opening for a motivated and driven Civil Designer to join our Columbia, SC Office.
Working under the direction of a Project Manager, candidate will be expected to successfully prepare site development construction drawings, engineering design considerations for water, sewer, and storm drainage infrastructure, and permit applications associated with residential, commercial, and or industrial projects. Experience using AutoCAD is required and experience using Civil 3D software is preferred.
Experience: Previous Internship in a related field preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. EIT Certification preferred.
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D software applications.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work a regular schedule of 730AM - 530PM Mon-Thurs and 730AM - 1130AM Fri
- Proven ability to multi task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks
- Highly client service oriented, self-starter, and team player
- Ability to solve problems
- Excellent time management skills
Please note, sponsorship is not available for this position. Thomas & Hutton is a Drug-Free Workplace & E-Verify Participant
Thomas & Hutton’s Mission Statement, “Relationships and Solutions for Success” describes not only our unwavering commitment to clients, but also our commitment to the success, both professionally and personally, of our employees. Thomas & Hutton was named to the 2014 Best Places to Work in South Carolina program and One of the Top 25 Civil Engineering Firms to Work For in 2015 by CE News/Zweig White. What makes Thomas & Hutton a great place to work? Opportunities for professional development, strong benefits and compensation packages, a commitment to make our communities better for future generations, a family-oriented culture, and our reputation as a firm with extremely knowledgeable professionals who serve as trusted advisors to our clients.
Some of our many benefits include:
Health, Wellness, and Work/Life Benefits
- Superior Health, Dental, and Rx Insurance Programs
- Vision coverage
- Company paid short term and long term disability Insurance
- On-Site health clinics operated by a Health Practitioner
- Condensed work schedule
Financial & Retirement Benefits
- Generous base compensation and bonus plan
- 401(K) plan - employee matching of $.50 for each dollar contributed up to 6%
- 401(K) Roth and profit sharing component
Paid time off, Holidays and other leave
- Generous annual leave policy for personal, vacation, sick and bereavement purposes. Eligibility begins upon hire
- 8 company paid holidays annually
Professional Development Benefits
- Thomas & Hutton University - On-site provider of professional development hours and continuing education credits
- College tuition reimbursement programs (Graduate & Undergraduate)
- In-house Up and Ready Civil 3D Software Training Program