The Domain Companies, one of the nation’s premiere full service real estate development and management firms is looking to hire an exceptional part time Resident Services Coordinator!
The Domain Companies’ success is a result of our collective entrepreneurial spirit and the unique skills and experience of our employees. Our team maintains our position at the forefront of our industry by striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do. The result is an exciting environment that promotes creativity and affords the opportunity for growth and advancement.
Part Time Resident Services Coordinator
The Domain Companies, a premiere real estate development and management firm in New Orleans, is looking for an exceptional candidate to serve as a part-time Resident Services Coordinator for their Louisiana portfolio. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter capable of establishing relationships with service providers and implementing scheduled social/educational/professional development programs for residents of all age groups. The ideal candidate must have outstanding interpersonal, organizational, writing and creative thinking skills who has a passion for improving people’s lives and strengthening communities. This is your chance to join and grow with an industry leader. Domain’s rapid expansion as an organization offers abundant opportunity for advancement within its dynamic and creative work environment.
- Work with Community Engagement Manager and Property Staff to identify the need for specific programs at the property this would be based on resident population. For example, GED classes, after school tutoring program, youth basketball league, life skills and health/nutrition classes.
- Work with Community Engagement Manager to develop a community outreach plan to engage non-profits and third parties to provide services to residents.
- Conduct intensive and continued community outreach to obtain third party involvement and participation in administration of programs.
- Develop and schedule programs to be publicized and marketed to residents within the community.
- Make phone calls and conduct door-to-door outreach within the community to get residents engaged and involved in programs and events.
- Enlist support from on-site colleagues and residents to generate interest and involvement in programs offered.
- Collect, manage and input program attendance data
- Coordinate, attend, and oversee every onsite and offsite event that takes place – evenings and weekends.
- Obtain resident, staff and partner feedback about the effectiveness/desirability of each existing program.
- Meet regularly with Community Engagement Manager and Property Staff to discuss addition of new programs and proposed changes to existing programs to make them more useful and effective for residents.
- Implement changes to existing programs on an ongoing basis pursuant to resident feedback and consultation with Community Engagement Manager.
Qualifications and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree Business, Education, Communications or related discipline (preferred)
- Strong background in implementing community services and outreach (preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of service agencies in New Orleans (preferred)
- Strong social services background in housing and/or resident services (preferred)
- Experience working with families, youth and seniors
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and/or at risk populations
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and implement community-building programs, activities and events for groups of residents
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook