Why Waupaca Foundry Effingham Illinois Machining?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide, including the Effingham, IL Machining Facility.
Waupaca Foundry and its subsidiaries are committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry Effingham Illinois location.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Entry Level Rate $15-18/hour Based on Demonstrated Experience
Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications.
• Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines
• Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done
• Performs diversified operations on numerical control machining centers
• Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to precise and interrelated tolerances
• Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished workpiece
• Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures workpiece in fixture according to setup instructions
• Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle or magazine
• Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine
• Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools
• Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions
• Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to meet quality standards
• Cleans machine, tooling, and parts
• Perform machine maintenance as directed
• Solid work history
• Good oral communications
• Understanding and following instructions
• Problem solving
• Dependable and responsible
• Positive work attitude
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
• Ability to work without supervision
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.