This position is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. Provide aggressive follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. Work with the Project Management teams to follow-up on bids and budgets to close the business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responisble for bid administration in preparing full estimates on complex work.
- Prepares and maintains status of plan reproduction Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors and vendors Prepares subcontractor bid packages.
- Transmits addenda and other bid information to subcontractors Coordinate and interface with owners, architects, engineers, project managers and other project team members to resolve any technical matters during planning and development, negotiation and contract execution Ensures that we have the proper coverage from subcontractors on bid day.
- Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline no exceptions.
- Efficiently performing all stages of an estimate including: project selection, estimate organization, take-off, pricing, review and closeout.
- Communicate project progress/status with Management.
- Prepare, analyze and maintain accurate quantities and thorough take offs from plans.
- Estimate time, materials and equipment required for job completion.
- Min. 7-10 years experience working in heavy civil/marine estimating
- BS degree in civil engineering or construction management
- Must have knowledge of the heavy civil marine industry
Equal Employment Opportunity
Massman Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Massman Construction Co. to recruit and to hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classes protected by applicable law, and to not discriminate with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfers.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify