Bioworld Merchandising is a leading design and distribution company of licensed and private label apparel, headwear & accessories to all retails channels. We collaborate with some of the most widely recognized brand and retail partners in the world. We are seeking skilled candidates who are excited to join this amazing team!
We Believe in Great Brands: Our goal is to translate the brand story into product that is as innovative and distinctive as the brand itself.
Creative Culture: Our team brings to our brand partners a unique mix of creative product design paired with merchandising expertise. We believe innovation comes from a diversity of creative ideas.
We are the Market: Our team believes in full immersion to gain insight into retail markets, contemporary culture and consumer reaction.
We are currently seeking an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join our team of outstanding employees!
The Embedded Software Engineer will develop and test embedded firmware drivers for our wearable apparel and accessory lines of business. This position will work closely to our design team, technical team, product development team and senior management. The ideal candidate will be a nerd at heart and will love working for a company that is anything but ordinary!
- Design, implement, and test embedded software for wearables and IoT products.
- Define system requirements working with product designers, hardware engineers, mobile app developers and other team members.
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware and software systems.
- Develop production prototypes and commercially available systems.
- Support product certifications (FCC, IC, BTSIG)
- Establish best practices and participate in multiple product development projects.
- 5+ years of experience in consumer mobile applications including IOS and Android based devices.
- Solid embedded firmware programming experience in Assembly, C, C++.
- Knowledge of BLE, Bluetooth, and Cellular protocols. Hands-on experience with Nordic, TI and other manufacturers' chipset is a plus.
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- Experience with ultra-low power system optimization (mA level)
- Experience with sensors or sensor sampling, such as accelerometers, gyroscope, camera, camcorder.
- Experience designing and optimizing data streaming and embedded data storage is a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be very detailed oriented and adhere to software coding standards.
- Excels in a dynamic small team environment.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm; extended work hours depending on volume. Overnight travel may be required on a periodic basis.