WHO WE ARE
Optima Tax Relief is a tax resolution (tax representation) firm that helps people solve their IRS tax problems. We work to build relationships with our clients and the IRS alike so we can offer representation to taxpayers with a variety of tax complaints. Our potential clients are in need of a number of services, including but not limited to the following:
- Help with IRS tax audits
- Filing past-due tax returns
- Removing an IRS levy or federal tax lien
- Setting up tax payment plans
- Removing wage garnishment
- Filing an offer in compromise
Ranked #1 Financial Services Company by Inc. Magazine
Orange County Business Journal Best Places to Work from 2011-2015
Orange County Register Top Workplaces 2015
Optima Tax Relief is looking for a FULL_TIME HR Generalist to join our Human Resource team. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, detail-oriented, and have the ability to complete tasks in a group environment. You will coordinate all Personnel Records administration and employee file maintenance, i.e., hire, transfers, LOA’s, disciplinary actions, garnishments, unemployment claims, EEOC filings, governmental inquiries, off-site storage, scanning and complaints, etc. The role also requires strong professional skills in general organization and task management, oral and written communication, and time management.
- Responsible for coordinating, enrolling, terminating, and monthly billing reconciliations of all employee benefits with our broker, payroll system, and carriers.
- Responsible for entering new hires and ensuring new hire paperwork is completed correctly.
- Responsible for administering the company’s 401(k) plan. Partner with provider to complete all required reports and testing to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for providing verification of employment, processing of unemployment and disability claims.
- Support and coordinate transfer of information between our benefits broker Optima’s employees.
- Assist as directed with respect to voluntary plans such as disability, life insurance, and COBRA issues.
- Support and coordinate the investigation and flow of information between company medical provider network, brokers, insurance carriers, and employee’s compensation injuries.
- Maintain all systems with all up to date Personnel forms, policies, handbooks, new hire packets, etc.
- Ensure employee bulletin boards in specific areas are up to date with all labor law postings, current announcements, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel files while working with Legal and Risk Management.
- Handles all pre-employment and new hire paperwork and documentation including verifying I9 documentation and entering new hire information into the required HRIS systems, etc.
- Provide clear communication to employees on LOA process to include: laws that apply to leaves, legal amount of time off, time off tracking, STD coordination with payroll, collection of benefit premiums, completion of any required state documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years proven HR experience
- Broad knowledge of HR regulations and policies
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills
- Proficient and comfortable with office equipment (Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel)
- Remain focused and productive in a fast-paced environment
- $16-$18/hr DOE
- Life & Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday)