The Spengler Company, Inc. is headquartered in O'Fallon, Illinois and has been a 5 Star rated service company for the past 42 years. We will only hire for a career, not just a year! We are the place where a vision is driven, the best are built, and the rest can only hope to be.
The Spengler Company Inc. offers a full benefits package including:
- Health, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy Paid 100% by Spengler
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holiday Pay
- 401K Program
- Innovative Training, Corporate atmosphere with team building and fantastic work environment.
We’re looking for a full-time Accounting Person (Assistant Financial Controller).
As an Account Receivable Specialist you will work as part of a dynamic and passionate team to ensure financial goals are met.
Working closely with the Financial Controller and the Lead Accounts Payable Specialist, you will help us grow our business.
Assistant Financial Controller Job Responsibilities:
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions from lock box and local deposits
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service deparment, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to acounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Udates job knowledgs by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Quick Books Software, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal and Written Communication
- Engaging personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Highly motivated, flexible and great attitude on life.
Engaging personality that blends well with a fast-paced, goal-driven environment.
- Processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Performing day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Preparing bills, invoices and bank deposits