Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Supplier Quality Manager
This position involves both Supplier Quality and Supplier Development activities. This includes investigating, analyzing and resolving supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing performance trends and leading continuous improvement projects in addition to outsource APQP process.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Maintain and update critical supplier audit system and schedule.
- Conduct supplier audits to drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier past due & PPM.
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances.
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Develop long-term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas.
- Aid Manufacturing & Maintenance in the evaluation and qualification of new suppliers and materials following a defined “New Supplier / Product” development process.
- Review, participate and approve outsource PPAP launches.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meet Waupaca Foundry requirements. (Projects may include but not limited to; process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6-Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events.)
- Work with Supplier to monitor Sub-supplier performance and participate in improvement activities as deemed necessary by WF Supply Chain Management.
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality with the supply base.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate engineering and manufacturing specifications to supplier technical teams.
- Actively manage suppliers to ensure there are no regressions with the implementation of new processes.
- Aide in the new, probationary and rejected supplier transition processes.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Assure compliance to all applicable legal requirements pertaining to the basic environmental aspects and impacts. Work to help achieve the performance goals established in the environmental measurement areas. Offer suggestions that can lead to improved environmental performance whenever possible.
- Associate’s degree; or 5 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified ISO Auditor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understanding of project management.
- Knowledge Quality Systems (ISO 9001, TS 16949, ISO 14001, etc…).
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, DFMEA, PFMEA, PPAP, etc…
- Work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision.
- Quality Management System certified auditor or experience in conducting supplier audits and internal audits.
- Must have valid driver’s license in good standing and ability to travel abroad.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.