United Infrastructure Group continues to be a leader in the transportation construction industry in the southeast with a 90+ year history of delivering successful projects by hiring exceptional employees to work in a professional family environment. UIG is committed to developing the best workforce possible by constantly recruiting, training, and promoting construction industry professionals throughout our organization.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking experienced Concrete Finishers to join our team on projects throughout North and South Carolina.
Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Highly Competitive Salaries
- Generous Performance Bonuses
- Robust Subsistence Allowances
- Comprehensive Health Plans with Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Strong 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with 100% Matching Contributions
- Significant Paid Time Off
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Training, Education, Certification, and Qualification Assistance
- Hotel and per diem while traveling
- Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Primary Function of Concrete Finisher: Smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Fabricate parts or components.
- Install masonry materials.
- Mix substances or compounds needed for work activities.
- Inspect completed work to ensure proper installation.
- Pour materials into or on designated areas.
- Prepare surfaces for finishing.
- Smooth surfaces with abrasive materials or tools.
- Install metal structural components.
- Cut metal components for installation.
- Apply sealants or other protective coatings.
- Apply decorative masonry finishes.
- Spread concrete or other aggregate mixtures.
- Position structural components.
- Compact materials to create level bases.
- Monitor construction operations.
- Clean surfaces in preparation for work activities.
- Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Finish concrete surfaces.
- Position construction forms or molds.
- Build construction forms or molds.
- Break up rock, asphalt, or concrete
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must observe safety procedures and report any potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Respond quickly to follow carpenters or other skilled laborer’s directions.
- Must follow policies and procedures and support UIG's Mission.
- Experience in construction preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craft Workers:
o Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required).
o Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools).
o May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).