Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
The Accounting Manager will report to the Director of Accounting and, at a broad level, be responsible for the monthly accounting close process, reviewing the consolidation, coordinating / supporting internal and external audits (including J-SOX), supporting internal reporting to our Japanese parent, and certain other periodic duties. Oversight of A/R and A/P activities will not initially be part of the job duties but will phase in over time. This position requires both a general (but not expert) knowledge of, and ability to research IFRS/GAAP accounting matters.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including reviewing transactions and costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations, consolidating financials and financial reports
- Assist the Tax Director and Treasury manager in the timely reporting of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial information to our parent company
- Participates in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review, recommendation and implementation of process and system changes
- Focuses on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies and internal control policies in a J-SOX environment
- Coordinates and supports external auditors and internal auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Prepares detailed journal entries and account analysis
- Responsible for the chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and consolidating financials
- Supports the CFO and Director of Accounting with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Updates business / accounting knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Periodic duties and/or back up responsibilities that may occur from time-to-time include:
- Supporting physical inventories
- Assisting with insurance renewals
- Approving capital requests and disbursements
- Writing purchase requisitions for accounting department
- Maintaining vendors
- Approving system access
- Testing IT support packs
- Participating in IT project meetings
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with and emphasis in Accounting, CPA required (or certification substantially complete)
- Three to five years prior public accounting experience, including supervisory experience. Experience in manufacturing industry strongly preferred
- Experience in the general ledger area and process improvement a plus, but not required
- Must have strong skills in Excel, and at least moderate experience with Word and Powerpoint. SAP and/or AS400 are the primary accounting software used in this role, so experience in those systems is beneficial but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Supervisory skills a plus
- This person is a self-starter, flexible, organized has a high level of integrity and is goal oriented in team environment. The person has a proficiency in analysis, process improvement, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- May require the need to work occasional evenings and/ or weekends
- Travel to the plants may be required from time-to-time, particularly to support J-SOX needs
- The responsibilities, duties, and minimum requirements are summary level in nature, and in no way imply that these are the only duties and requirements of this role. This position may be required to take on other duties, and/or obtain other skills in the accounting / finance area, as requested by the Director of Accounting or CFO
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.