Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Plan, lay-out, and perform a wide range of installation, repair, and maintenance operations on a full range of electrical and electronic equipment and circuitry as used throughout the plant, power house, and office.
- Install, maintain, and repair motors, generators, switchboards, lighting, power circuits, automatic controls, PLC=s etc.
- Tear down complex machinery and/or controls, determine extent of troubles, repair and/or replace defective parts or wiring, reassemble, set, and adjust for proper operation.
- Diagnose and remedy electrical and electronic troubles on equipment throughout the plant.
- Prepare wiring diagrams as necessary to facilitate work for permanent records or for changes to existing drawings.
- Install all types of conduit and accessories.
- Perform periodic inspections of electrical and electronic equipment, make necessary repairs.
- Report defective materials, faulty operation conditions, and unusual conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to read and analyze complex prints, specifications, and instructions. Ability to correspond with employees and equipment manufacturers to troubleshoot equipment.
- High school math including algebra and trigonometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers. The employee will regularly lift and/or carry up to 50lbs and occasionally up to 75lbs with assistance. Must be able to climb ladders and work from heights up to 120'.
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; must go through an accredited apprentice program to receive journeyman card.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, references verification, pre-employment drug screening, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.