Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Payroll Administrator is compliance focused and performs all activities necessary to process the payrolls for The Company and its affiliates. This includes maintaining related material, filing tax reports, preparing accounting transactions and documents.
- Audits payroll entries for compliance with the Federal and State laws.
- Processes weekly payrolls for seven (7) companies and approximately 650 employees total throughout multiple states.
- Process lay-off, termination and correction checks as required.
- Maintains related payroll records, uploads documents to internal SharePoint site.
- Maintains monthly union reporting to ensure coding is correct and union employees have the correct fringes attached to their level of employment; ensures fringes are being reported correctly.
- Updates union fringes as necessary in the system for the various unions associated with the Company.
- Balances and files weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll taxes for all companies in multiple states.
- Focuses on Year-End balancing and reporting in accordance to Corporate standards.
- May assist with entering and processing involuntary deductions such as levies, garnishments and child support.
- Documents and updates procedures.
- May assist in the HR or Accounting functions as needed, such as analyzation of accounting reports, GL reconciliation of payroll accounts, entering of direct deposits.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees in various locations.
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Requires effective interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills with the ability to work well under stress, despite numerous interruptions with accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently
- Moderate to advanced computer skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires three (3) to five (5) years of payroll experience with tax filing experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or the equivalent training and education beyond High School.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, and in writing.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills with the ability to work well under stress, despite numerous interruptions. Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer skills include Word, Excel, and Outlook, Access, Microsoft Dynamics AX.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise levels
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax, and file
- May require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stopping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.