We are recruiting a Safety Supervisor to join our Safety Team. Safety Supervisors are based in the field and have the day-to-day responsibility for monitoring safety conditions and directing improvements as necessary.
- Develop site specific safety plans for Findorff job sites
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Direct and coordinate all health and safety activities within their areas of responsibility
- Be familiar with, explain, and enforce safety and health regulations
- Inspect job sites on a weekly basis for unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, condition of equipment, and observance of safety rules and report findings to the Superintendent
- Document safety observations and issue report to Safety Director, Project Manager, and Superintendent
- Direct and coordinate signage, inspection of cords, tools, personal protective equipment, fall protection equipment, rigging equipment, and fire extinguishers
- Conduct weekly toolbox talks
- Investigate and report accidents to the Safety Director
- Complete the OSHA 500 course and participate as a trainer for sessions such as forklift, OSHA 10, and OSHA 30
- Attend training/personal development sessions as requested
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree in Safety Management and at least 2 years’ safety experience in commercial construction or combination of education and experience. Safety Supervisors must possess excellent communication skills, be highly organized, ability to prioritize, strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent teaching and mentoring skills, presentation skills, computer skills, and a team player.