At La Plata Electric Association, our mission is to provide our members safe, reliable electricity at the lowest reasonable cost while being environmentally responsible. We are shaping the future by building trustworthy community partnerships as an innovative, forward-thinking industry leader, delivering excellence in our member-owned cooperative.
To provide efficient services in overhead and underground line construction and maintenance work on electrical transmission and distribution facilities; to do such work on lines, either dead or energized at all voltages; to perform similar or lesser skill work, as required.
- Planning: Plans and schedules work to assure that all is completed in allotted time to meet the schedules of the Association.
- Installs, removes, maintains and repairs poles, steel towers, crossarms, pins, insulators, guys, hardware, transformer racks, switch racks, outdoor substation structures, in connection with construction and maintenance of overhead and underground transmission and distribution line facilities.
- Strings, splices and sags wire on live or dead circuits.
- Installs and removes transformers, lighting arresters, fuses, cutouts, disconnect switches, oil and airbreak switches and other overhead line devices.
- Installs and removes street lights and related equipment.
- Performs transmission or distribution line switching or sectionalizing, as directed.
- Patrols and inspects transmission lines, overhead and underground distribution lines.
- Handles after hours outage calls as required.
- High School Diploma.
- Completed Journeyman Lineman apprenticeship and CDL.
- Must be able to carry/carry up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and meet physical demands of this job.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Leave
- Sick Time
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Education Assistance