We are currently seeking an experienced Software Project Manager to join our Richmond, Virginia office location. The successful candidate will use their technical expertise and scrum experience to support our clients with the implementation of geospatial-based technology solutions through the entire software development life cycle--from requirements to rollout. The successful candidate will work with our clients to understand their geospatial business activities, workflows, and needs on multiple levels (from a technical, functional, practical, and end-user perspective). The candidate will be a highly engaging individual who will work with creative and technical team members to plan, develop, test, and deliver awesome products through an iterative methodology. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with teams to solve problems, who take ownership of tasks, and who are willing to ask questions and share opinions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Provide consultation, business analysis, project management, and leadership on multiple projects of varying duration, size, and complexity
- Motivate teams to work together, communicate, and over-deliver
- Elicit, translate and simplify requirements
- Document and organize acceptance criteria for user stories
- Manage customer relationships and expectations
- Manage budget, timeline, and scope throughout the course of all assigned projects
- Lead project teams during all phases of the application development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, and deployment
- Facilitate client and project team interactions including: scrums, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, and product grooming meetings
- Define improvements to business processes, assist decision-makers in gathering information to make decisions, and help quality assurance test solutions
- Prepare proposals in response to RFP’s including development of technical scopes of work
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills; must communicate effectively with our internal development team and external clients
- Ability to work with a diverse team and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Minimum of three years of project leadership experience focused on engaging others in the delivery and execution of technical solutions and service deliverables
- Experience with practical software development; prior geospatial experience a plus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Flexibility and creativity in order to adapt and adjust to each team, each project, and each client
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel occasionally (several times a year)
- Former development experience desired
- Agile training and / or Certified ScrumMaster desired
- Geospatial experience desired
- Experience working with State Government agencies desired
- Knowledge of ESRI desktop, web and mobile product lines desired
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.