The Van Wall Equipment is looking for an Ag Mechanic to perform diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment. Candidate should have expertise to use the appropriate tools to successfully diagnose and repair most John Deere equipment.
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
- Perform any inspections as required.
- Repair, service, and assemble any machines.
- Maintain a safe work environment and safe work habits.
- Check and report any shortages and malfunctions to the Service Manager.
- Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines and equipment.
- Complete dis-assembly and inspection, as efficiently as possible, so parts may be ordered and machine work can be scheduled promptly.
- Maintain records and account for all time, parts, and supplies used in repairing and servicing both customer and dealership equipment.
- Document each job by recording unit serial number and hour meter reading.
- Develop skills in dis-assembly, assembly, and repair of components and machines.
- Participate in service training programs required for development of skills and knowledge.
- Report to Service Manager any additional work required to ensure proper operation and safety of equipment. Maintain a clean and safe shop facility and environment.
- Operate trucks and equipment with extreme care and caution.
- Maintain and care for shop tools, equipment, vehicles and other employee’s belongings.
- Stay current with technical changes.
- Help the dealership by participating in special programs, such as sales of service packages, demonstration programs, etc.
- Handle customer problems both objectively and tactfully.
- Make a point to thank every customer
- Represent the dealership as a professional Service Technician at all times.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Basic Service Technician certification preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Fork lift license preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Sponsored 401k
- Holiday Pay