Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Electrical Technician (Internship)
This role must learn/utilize education to support trouble shooting and electrical staff to maintain our state of the art facility.
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines
- Participate in WF’s 6-S Program (housekeeping)
- Learn company process control documents and Departmental Work Instructions (DWIs)
- Learn/assist electricians to make electrical adjustments to machinery and software to ensure efficient operations
- Work with electrical staff to support conduit, wiring, troubleshooting, machine repair, panel building and other duties as assigned
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical related field
- Willingness to work flexible schedule
- Solid work history
- Good oral communications
- Understanding and following instructions
- Problem solving
- Dependable and responsible
- Positive work attitude
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule, while working without supervision
- Must understand or learn the concepts and support the following:
- Electrical Schematics
- Robotic Troubleshooting/Programming
- Electrical Control Systems
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Proportional Control
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in electrical related field
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.