Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Summer Student: General Production/Maintenance
This is a limited term position. Individuals hired into our summer student program will be assigned to a production or service department, to train and acquire the necessary skills and work pace to support the assigned department. The position often requires weekend work and/or mandatory overtime. All General Foundry assignments are considered to be heavy industrial, and are repetitive in nature.
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines
- Demonstrate ability to follow direction and company procedure
- Participate in WF’s 6-S Program (housekeeping)
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a work pace consistent with the company’s goal of the on time delivery
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Operating hand tools, machines and other equipment
- Visually inspect products for defects
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- Be enrolled in post-high school education for the Fall of 2018 semester
- Be considered a fill-time student (12 credits or more)
- Good oral communications
- Be 18 years or older
- Understanding and following instructions
- Problem solving
- Dependable and responsible
- Positive work attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- Ability to work without supervision
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.