WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to landscape architects and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
WK Dickson is seeking a staff scientist to serve as a technical resource for the organization, providing a high-level of consultation and support within areas of expertise. This position will report to a Project Manager.
- Perform environmental studies and natural resource assessments.
- Assemble and review archival information.
- Analyze data and prepare technical reports.
- Perform field work, including but not limited to: wetland delineation, stream/wetland assessment, geomorphic measurement, survey, water quality sampling and other data collection and site evaluation activities.
- Assist in development of project design parameters.
- Prepare plans in AutoCad, ArcMap and other appropriate software applications.
- Observe restoration construction .
- Maintain technical coordination.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Follow general instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science or related field, Master's Degree preferred.
- Two (2) to Five (5) years professional experience, preferably in the private sector.
- Strong computer skills including ArcMap, CAD, and/or MicroStation.
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to provide clear, concise, technical writing contributions on qualifications and proposals.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team, in both the office and field.
- Stream and/or wetland restoration design-specific training (e.g. Rosgen, NC Stream Restoration Institute)
- Professional Licensure preferred
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a concise and professional manner.
- Travel, as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
Company Benefits: With Wellness Premium Credit, Employees are eligible for free medical and dental coverage.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive ‘Talent Development Program’
- Project Management Curriculum
- Coaching/Mentoring Program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability benefits
- Supplemental insurance available
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.