Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Electrical Controls Engineer
Work with a team to design and build new machinery to serve one or all of the Waupaca Foundry plants. Investigate requirements for each project, and follow all safety standards from design to implementation.
- Use AutoCAD to create electrical panel layouts and wiring schematics for control panels (24VDC, 120VAC, and 480VAC).
- Design and develop PLC logic to control various machines. Siemens PLC experience preferred.
- Program robots for material handling processes. ABB experience preferred.
- Program visions systems for locating parts and finding defects. Cognex preferred.
- Program and debug variable frequency drives. AB & Siemens experience preferred.
- Program and debug servo drives. Siemens servo experience is preferred.
- Create bills of materials and manage selection and procurement of materials.
- Travel to plants for start-ups which include:
- Working with contractors, plant electricians, and mechanical crew.
- Creating conduit layouts.
- Creating wire pull schedules.
- Debug, troubleshoot, and startup of machines.
- Work in a team environment with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, electricians, mechanical fabricators, purchasing, etc.
- Follow and enforce all safety standards.
- Understanding Hydraulic and Pneumatic P&ID diagrams.
- 10-20% travel.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Similar field /Three years minimum experience.
- A.A. degree in Electrical Engineering or Similar field / Five years minimum experience.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.