At La Plata Electric Association, or mission is to provide our members safe, reliable electricity at the lowest reasonable cost while being environmentally responsible. We are shaping the future by building trustworthy community partnerships as an innovative, forward-thinking industry leader, delivering excellence in our member-owned cooperative.
The Customer Service Representative will promote good member relations by providing prompt, friendly and courteous service while answering and processing a variety of member requests for information and account assistance either in person or over the phone.
- Receive payments from members and balance cash drawer.
- Provide customer service in assisting members with inquiries on their bills, receive telephone calls regarding disconnect notices, and make arrangements when necessary.
- Dispatch service orders.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and respond to complaints and requests for information and assistance.
- Processes application for existing services.
- Makes pages and office intercom announcements as requested.
- Service customer refreshment area and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Place/take outage notification calls from members.
- Report common themes, trends, and concerns received from customers to supervisors.
- High School Diploma
- Typing and Calculator Skills
- Working Knowledge of Computers
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Leave
- Sick Time
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Education Assistance
- Pay is according to the IBEW contract