Nova Group Inc., a Quanta Services company, is an industry leading general engineering construction company with 40 plus years of experience worldwide. Nova specializes in hydrant fueling, waterfront, electrical and utility military construction projects for the Department of Defense (NAVFAC, ACOE). Nova exceeds customer expectations through innovative construction, safety, quality and outstanding customer service.
Headquartered in Napa, CA, with regional offices in Port Orchard, WA, Japan and project locations stretching across the US, as well as internationally, the opportunities are endless with Nova! Nova offers employees competitive health benefits, matching 401K contributions, career advancement opportunities, and endless training opportunities. Individuals who pride themselves on having a strong work ethic, commitment to their integrity, interest in giving back to local communities, and who are willing to relocate for career advancement opportunities should not hesitate to apply!
Under general supervision, perform work in the design, installation, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of electrical apparatuses, equipment and systems; and perform related work as required
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures and help to implement safe work procedures and correct unsafe work activities and notify supervisors of any unsafe activities
- Be proficient in understanding and reading construction documents, plans and specifications.
- Proficient in coordinating electrical installation
- Proficient with the National Electric Code (NEC) and National Fire Protection Administration (NFPA) codes and regulations pertaining to electrical installation
- Keep accurate log of daily work activities
- Willingness to follow direction from supervisors
- Willingness to accept additional training as required by the company such as safety (OSHA), forklift operation etc.
- Notify foreman/superintendent of material needed or if material stock piles are running low
- Be able to work with other journeyman electricians and apprentices
- Be able to work well with others and other trades
- Knowledge of and proficient in the operation of standard electrical tools and equipment such as: conduit threaders, benders, hole punch, ohm meter, volt meter, power tools and hand tools
- Knowledge of and proficient in the operation of standard construction equipment such as: forklifts, trenchers, compactors, cable pullers/tuggers etc.
- Ability to perform: routine and repetitive tasks, work easily and skillfully with hands, climb and maintain balance on scaffolds or ladders. See well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors; Reach for, handle, and grasp wires and hand tools; Bend, crouch, and work in small places; and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted, bending, standing crouching, climbing and walking.
- Large commercial and or industrial electrical experience
- Experience in underground distribution installation, rigid conduit installation, and electrical distribution equipment installation including Main Distribution Panels, Motor Control Centers and Transformers.
- Proficient in 600V and lower, electrical installation
- Hazardous location electrical experience preferred
- Certified Medium Voltage Cable Splicer.
- Fire Alarm and Electrical Control experience welcome.
- Proof of current Electrical License and/or Journeyman card.
- Current OSHA 30 or OSHA 10 card preferred.
- Willingness to travel preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screening
- Ability to gain federal base access (includes background check)
- Construction experience preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Wellness Program
- Training & Development Opportunities