Kwest Group, a self-performing civil site construction firm, nationally recognized as an industry leader in safety by Assoc. Builders & Contractors, as well as being Marathon Petroleum’s Contractor of the year in 2016, with operations in the energy, petrochemical, rail, & federal markets, is looking for a motivated Project Engineer/Coordinator.
We know you’re amazing! Join our Civil Construction and Engineering team that encourages you to take your remarkable skills - from concept to completion – and see the astounding results. At Kwest Group, we share the highest core values of safety, quality and customer satisfaction. We are committed to our associates and the work they do, giving them the tools they need to succeed and grow with us!
But our commitment to you and your amazingness doesn’t stop there. We also offer a remarkable Wellness program with benefits:
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with great Company matching!
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Company T-Shirts
- Safety Gear
- Community Care Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
Kwest Group is looking for an accountable project engineer/coordinator to be responsible for the technical and administrative support of the project management and estimating team in Dublin, OH. The qualified candidate will possess the technical aptitude to complete support-tasks for the estimating and management of multiple projects dispatched out of the Dublin office. Safety, accuracy, and quality will be key metrics for measuring success in this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all executed activities comply with company policies and contract requirements while supporting overall construction/bid schedule.
- Provide technical support for construction efforts including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction means and methods; resolution and documentation of deign conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings.
- Assist in completion of pre-construction tasks including utility locates, material buyout, preparing purchase orders, preparation of subcontracts, and general document control.
- Act as an active participant in bettering the project engineer/coordinator’s role in the company by developing and refining best management practices related to the position.
- Assist the Estimating department with the preparation and assembly of bids including but not limited to subcontractor and vendor solicitation, quantity calculations, writing/editing technical proposals, etc.
- Create deliverables for technical proposals and focused communications including infographics, sketches, presentations, etc.
- Work with the Project team to develop and build GPS grade control models for earthwork projects.
- Work with field level management on technical development and training.
- Maintain document control throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Represent company in a professional manner in all instances.
- 0-2 years’ work experience as a Project Engineer/Coordinator or similar role.
- Previous project scheduling, basic accounting or construction law experience is a plus.
- Experienced in reading DOT style plans and specifications
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have moderate competency with CAD and P6
- Bachelor’s degree required, Civil Engineering or Construction Management, preferred.
Kwest Group Mission Statement
It is our goal to provide each client with unsurpassed results in target geographical areas through exceptional project management supported by a highly trained and motivated team utilizing the best resources, with safety having priority over all competing objectives. To accomplish this, we recruit and retain the best employees in our industry while maintaining a focus on diversity and stakeholder satisfaction. At all levels, Kwest Group will continually strive to be the leader in the construction industry with our core values being safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kwest Group maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company’s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Kwest Group recruits, hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees, in all job titles, without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, citizenship, national origin, disability, veteran status or genetic information.