ARTISTIC STONE AND CONCRETE
Artistic Stone and Concrete, a division of W. Gohman Construction, offers a variety of custom exterior and interior natural stone and concrete installations for Civil, Structural Concrete, Flatwork, Stone Veneer, and Historical Restoration projects. We specialize in the preservation and restoration of historic stone and brick architecture, bridges, cemeteries, monuments and memorials. Recent projects include River’s Edge Park, Portland Avenue Bridge, and Redwood Falls Swayback Bridge.
Artistic Stone and Concrete is looking for a Project Manager/Estimator to join our team.
The Project Manager reviews plans and coordinates activities and functions related to the management and administration of various projects. The Project Manager will develop construction schedules, monitor, and maintain the flow of on-site work activities through interaction with the Field Superintendent and subcontractors. The Project Manager’s objective is to initiate proper plans and schedules while holding others accountable in the field to complete the project within budget and on time. This person must be able to develop accurate bids, measure, initiate and implement control procedures, strategies and techniques that result in increased efficiency of process and production. The Project Manager will also assist in development of estimates as assigned. He or she will also participate in generating new business with current and potential customers.
- Review and interpret Architectural Drawing and Specification Book.
- Develop budgets and material lists using approved processes that promote detail and accuracy.
- Field measure and approve shop drawings.
- Collect and assemble estimates of labor, materials, and related work from vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage projects to ensure compliance with contract budget, schedule, and job costing.
- Control awarded contracts as assigned by estimating extra work items, change orders, credits and procuring material.
- Maintain all job reports to ensure project is completed in compliance with drawings and specs.
- Identify and recommend new markets and opportunities for Artistic Stone and Concrete and W. Gohman Construction Co.
- Effectively interact and problem solve issues with the General Manager, VP of Project Administration and Project Manager(s).
- Oversee Field Personnel as required
- Proven background in managing commercial, residential or restoration projects.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills related to construction operation practices and procedures.
- Ability to accurately field measure projects and read and approve shop drawings.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the natural stone, granite or other related industries.
- Post high school education in Engineering, Geology, Construction Management, or related field of study.
- Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skill to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point and Project)
Pay and Benefits:
We offer a competitive wage based on experience. Benefits available include Health Insurance, HSA Funding, Paid Time Off and 401K Retirement Plan.