Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Engineer II or III to join our Charlotte, NC office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
- Work to complete design details and plan sets
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related degree
- Ideal candidates would have 2+ of experience in Land Development civil engineering including residential neighborhood design as well as commercial and mixed used development
- EIT preferred
- Working knowledge AutoCAD Civil 3D strongly preferred
- Must be legally eligible to work in the Unites States without sponsorship now and in the future
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.