Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Mechanical Maintenance-HVAC Technician
This role must be proficient in breakdown response and preventative maintenance to maintain a state of the art facility; must also be able to perform maintenance equipment repairs and tasks.
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines.
- Participate in WF’s 6-S Program (housekeeping).
- Demonstrate ability to utilize process control documents and Departmental Work Instructions (DWIs).
- Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units in an industrial environment.
- Diagnose and repair of electrical/mechanical components of systems.
- Education or equivalent experience with HVAC systems.
- Willingness to work a 3pm to 3 am shift on a 4 on / 4 off schedule.
- Solid work history.
- Good oral communications.
- Understanding and following instructions.
- Problem solving.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule, while working without supervision.
- Qualified individual should have a strong background in unit control wiring; brazing & soldering.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Universal EPA Certification.
- E608 Certification minimum level 2, but Universal is preferred.
- 2-4 year degree in HVAC related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of job experience in the HVAC field preferred.
- Certification in Wisconsin as an “HVAC Qualifier” is also preferred but not required.
- Part of the time will be spent working with the environmental controls Team (aka Dust Collection Team).
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, references verification, pre-employment drug screening, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.