Trench Plate Rental Company, a growing multi-state construction, equipment rental, and Service Company with 35 years of success behind us has an exciting opportunity for an energetic Traffic Control Supervisor in our Sparks, Nevada location.
TPR offers a competitive salary, comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes excellent medical, dental, optical insurance, long term disability, 401 (k), and profit sharing plan.
Responsible for the general supervision of the Traffic Control Technicians at the branch as well as vehicle maintenance, product preparedness, inventory control, setting up Traffic Control on job site per MUTCD guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains all written records on branch vehicles including service schedules, inspections, and repairs.
• Schedules work for drivers, as well as yard personnel and temporary workers.
• Coordinates yard and warehouse activities insuring that products are ready for rent
• Overseeing the maintenance, repair, construction and testing of Traffic Control products.
• Reports inventory count to dispatch and arranges for the return of damaged equipment and product.
• Serves as a branch safety coordinator handling all initial safety investigations.
• May make minor repairs to vehicles and equipment using various power tools.
• May operate a forklift and make deliveries
• Responsible for all company programs
• Regular and punctual attendance is required
• Lift, carry, load, and unload traffic control devices, including signs, barricades, pavement marking materials, etc.
• Set up and remove crash cushions, signs, and traffic control items at a jobsite.
• Read and follow Traffic Control Plans and properly lay out the traffic equipment per the Traffic Control Plan.
• Operate company trucks to transport materials and equipment to and from job site.
• Repair equipment, assemble signs and perform all other shop work require to prepare for onsite traffic control.
Directly supervises nonexempt employees in the branch and at the job site. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's programs, policies and applicable Local, State, and Federal laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assist in appraisal performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Willing to work varying shifts, nights, weekends, and travel overnight if necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the essential skills to effectively and efficiently operate Windows based programming.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid Class C driver’s license issued from the Department of Motor
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate