Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Supervise hourly mechanics, electricians and laborers utilizing them to safely keep plant and plant equipment in good repair.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the quality of the end product of the department.
- Ensure that employees are following all safety procedures and have the ability to recognize problems.
- Support changing production requirements.
- Insure accurate reporting and daily processing of Plant Maintenance Notifications and PM schedules.
- Develop areas of responsibility, including preventive maintenance, spare parts, etc.
- Maintain open communications with other maintenance supervisors, planner, manager, and production departments.
- Support and follow the daily and weekend plan supplied by the planner scheduler.
- Insure employee's payroll is completed accurately on a daily basis.
- Learn and utilize the SAP maintenance system.
- Evaluate and assess skilled trades employees and recommend training requirements for improvement.
- Maintain a positive, caring, and supportive attitude towards all employees.
- Directly supervises 4 - 12 employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Two year certificate from college or technical school; and four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient using Microsoft Word and Excel and have the ability to maintain employee payroll records and submit requisitions utilizing the SAP system.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, references verification, pre-employment drug screening, a pre-employment physical, and a job function test.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.