Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Quality Assurance Engineer
Leads efforts in assuring that our internal quality guidelines are understood while assuring customer satisfaction in all areas of production and delivery.
- Develop APQP documentation to support the Product Realization Process in accordance with automotive customer requirements, e.g. FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, etc.
- Interface with OEM’s / customer personnel and participate in the resolution of quality issues and concerns.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of formal quality systems.
- Drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing of our quality systems and processes.
- Facilitate problem-solving of complex issues using advanced quality tools.
- Provide direction and coaching to less senior team members.
- Interface directly with internal teams regarding ongoing concerns with production parts.
- Leads group problem solving efforts as necessitated by customer concerns.
- Plan, support, and implement total quality management in support of zero safe launch.
- Ensure that appropriate inspection plans and containment plans are in place for the process value stream.
- Confirm product quality through confirmation phase exit.
- Initiate control plans and training for inspection and gage instructions in accordance with customer specific requirements.
- Develop and control all APQP documents through PPAP approval for new program launches.
- Execute PPAP submission and approval as required for customer initiated product changes.
- Be assertive in interpretation and collecting of customer specific requirements.
- Participate in GD&T development through the DFM process.
- Responsible for supplier gage design approval.
- Prepares reports to customers detailing problem solving activities.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities such as Kaizen planning, 6S, and scrap reduction.
- Generates and analyzes statistical data for continuous improvement for all departments.
- Conducts internal audits on WF-E quality system; reports results to management.
- Tracks and reports key quality trends for the management team.
- Communicates with customers on a regular basis to resolve quality issues.
- Interfaces with suppliers regarding ongoing concerns with supplied components and communicates with suppliers on a regular basis to resolve quality issues.
- Tracks concerns and resolutions from both customers and suppliers.
- Familiar with a machine shop environment.
- Has Foundry / Castings understanding with metrology lab expertise.
- Ability to perform CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) programming.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Has working knowledge of TS-16949 and IATF 16949 standards and application.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Understands measurement system analysis and applies advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Applies mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Solid work history.
- Creates a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Applies feedback to improve performance and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule with willingness to travel.
- Experience in standard problem solving 8D/A4/PPS and a plus if Shainin “Red” X
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.