Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Senior Maintenance CNC Specialist
Proficiently demonstrates acquired knowledge and experience to troubleshoot, repair, and enhance CNC equipment as well as other automated, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Performs extensive root cause analysis to address machine and process deficiencies.
- Efficiently diagnoses equipment issues utilizing sound/effective troubleshooting methods
- Effectively makes identified repairs to CNC machining and turning centers
- Provides technical assistance and resolution of electrical, mechanical, or general automation problems
- Participates with installation of electrical systems utilizing knowledge of electrical principles, hand tools, and measuring instruments.
- Modifies electrical systems to correct functional deviations.
- Provides assistance modifying new and existing equipment through efforts that: enhance safety, practicality, efficiency, and overall robustness
- Ability to collaborate well with other technical resources both internal and external to define and solve complex problems.
- Associates degree (A.A.S.) from two-year technical college or university; or specific applicable certifications.
- Minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Machine Service Engineer experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SW or other twin spindle CNC machines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mori Seiki and Okuma CNC machines.
- Experience with complex electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Extensive experience with Fanuc and Siemen controls.
- Experience/Knowledge of automatic tool changer repairs, ball-screw replacement/alignment, spindle replacement/alignment
- Possesses in depth knowledge of robotics and robotic honing process.
- Applied knowledge of vision systems
- Experience Allen Bradley PLCs, programming (RS based), and AC/DC variable frequency drives.
- Knowledge of high voltage switch gears and troubleshooting of electrical and relay logic circuits.
- Ability to comprehend electrical, hydraulic, mechanical drawings
- Solid work history.
- Good oral communications.
- Understanding and following instructions.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Positive work attitude.
- Must work safely and abide by all company safety protocols
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work without supervision – self-motivated.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.