SR Freeman is a leader in providing valued carpentry services throughout California’s bay area. Our pledge is to establish dedicated partnerships through customer service and employee achievement. We strive to provide an environment that is conducive to growing, learning, and developing our employees on a constant basis.
Our goal is to be the very best framing contractor in the bay area. We do this through providing the highest quality of service to our customers from start to finish. Our exceptional employees deliver undeniable results that our esteemed clients deserve. Improving lives one day at a time, through the power of carpentry is at the core of SR Freeman’ purpose.
The purpose of this job description is to define the authority, accountability, reporting relationship, duties, responsibilities and standard of performance for Estimator of S R Freeman, Inc., the Estimator is responsible for preparing accurate and profitable job estimates, converting the estimates into successful bids and for planning and managing the resultant projects to successful completion. the estimator is responsible for supervising all field activities under his control, and is available for problem solving on these projects. He must work closely with the accounting department to ensure proper billing on the projects. The Estimator reports directly to and is fully accountable to the President.
- Required a High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years experience in directly overseeing the activities of a construction company of at least 1 Million dollar volume.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years experience in estimating jobs in the construction business, three of which in estimating framing projects.
- Must have an understanding of building and framing layout.
- Required to read blue prints and accomplish take off detail for equipment and material needs.
- Must have the skills and knowledge to keep all lines of communication open between all of the departments of S R Freeman, Inc.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees of varying education levels.
- The sense of sight, speech (English) and hearing are required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The physical requirements are stressful although part of the time will be spent sitting. Walking, turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending and flexing the arms, legs, wrists, and fingers, climbing, balancing and the ability to lift 50 pounds is required.
- Must be a natural leader who can inspire employees to superior performance.
- Must be a highly organized person who can monitor numerous projects at once and can prioritize the workloads of reporting employees.
- Must have a current California Drivers license and be insurable.
- Creates excellent working relationships with our customers and prospective customers from the outset of initial contact through project completion.
- Creates and maintains excellent working relationships with co-workers.
- Develops and presents winning project proposals by estimating from plans and other documentation provided by customers; being guided by SRF documented sales process.
- Develops project teams and strategies for projects placed under his control and manages them successfully and within budget.
- Develops and implements material, equipment, and scheduling needs for the individual projects.
- Supervises, monitors, and revises, as necessary, all activities associated with the project and its successful completion by bringing the project in or below budget. He will also trouble shoot projects and collaborate with project foreman to ensure customer fanaticism.
- Sets job standards and requirements for Foreman and Carpenters.
- Controls excessive costs and waste through out the projects under his control.
- Develops project estimates, completes take off from blue prints, completes and submits proposals, and follows up in accordance with SRF sales process to win projects.
- Works closely with project foreman to plan and manage project for success. This includes initiating/ managing pre-job planning process, AutoCAD shop drawings as needed, and creating workable schedules using MS Project.
- Settles on terms and prices with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Determines schedules for manpower utilization and materials delivered to the site.
- Meet with the General Contractor at the Pre-construction meeting to finalize schedules and details.
- Ensures the efficient and smooth coordination of field crews.
- Ensures that all assigned employees are thoroughly trained in their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that S R Freeman is a safe and healthy work environment for personnel, even on the job site.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with supervisors and other staff members in all departments. Makes it understood that THE CUSTOMER IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY and that each employee is here to support that priority.
- Attends regular management meetings and keeps employees informed on those matters that affect the successful performance of their jobs and to ensure proper interaction between crews. Stays aware of current company policies and procedures and ensures that all reporting employees adhere to those regulation.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the President.
- Ability to travel within the Bay Area
- Ability to read construction plan highly preferred
- Ability to read site plans knowledge of job site work a plus
- 1-2 years of practical experience in a project administration
- Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities.
- Competitive wages
- Full medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- 401k, with a percentage of wages automatically donated to the fund by SRF
- PTO (personal time off)
- Sick Time
- Interest-free tool acquisition
- Proactive training program
- Objective skills assessment to help you grow your skills
- Unlimited upward mobility within our dynamic and growing company