Rachel Contracting is seeking qualified applicants for an Estimator/Project Manager – Utilities Group. Rachel Contracting is a specialty site-work contractor performing earthwork, demolition and utilities primarily in the Midwest/Central US region. Our team welcomes individuals who are passionate about their work and committed to delivering quality workmanship with integrity and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Estimating and project management of utilities projects for private and public clients.
- Necessary cost accounting for on-going projects including daily/weekly cost verifications, review/confirmation of daily logs, change orders, monthly project cost projections, approving project invoicing, etc.
- Perform all necessary project communications with clients, field staff, office support staff and management.
- Maintain necessary estimating and project files.
- Assist with mentoring of junior estimator/project managers and seasonal interns.
- Training and assisting with coordination of interns performing takeoffs and other misc. support tasks.
- Preparing take-offs for utilities projects.
- Project management of utilities projects including the following responsibilities: perform necessary cost accounting for on-going projects including daily/weekly cost verifications, review/confirmation of daily logs, change orders, monthly project cost projections, approving project invoicing, manage and monitor project billings and collections, attending project meetings, representing Rachel Contracting with client/customers/vendors, subcontractors, coordinating/directing field staff as necessary, complete project communications.
- Perform continuous marketing of existing company clients and assist with efforts to generate/develop new client relationships.
Position Qualification Preferences:
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of related utilities experience and a college degree (desired but not a requirement).
- Good communications skills
- Great attitude
- Ability to be a team leader under challenging conditions
- Proven problem-solving ability & ability to manage multiple tasks
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match Component
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Paid Time Off
Rachel Contracting is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.