Let us help you energize your career! La Plata Electric Association, located in Durango and Pagosa Springs, CO, is seeking an IT Specialist to work out of the Durango office.
At La Plata Electric Association (LPEA), our mission is to provide our members safe, reliable electricity at the lowest reasonable cost while being environmentally responsible. We are shaping the future by building trustworthy community partnerships as an innovative, forward-thinking industry leader, delivering excellence in our member-owned cooperative.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support, training, and develop solutions for cooperative employees
- Install software on workstations/servers in accordance with corporate standards
- Inventory equipment and document configurations
- Perform analysis of network needs and contribute to design of network architecture, integration, installation, and optimization
- Contribute to the development of disaster recovery, incident response, and industry compliance
- Maintain printers, phones, and other IT assets
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, mobile devices, and computer network
- Learn and assist with Geographic Information System (GIS), Outage Management, internal/external websites, databases, and other technologies
- Develop and execute batch/script programs
- Identify and mitigate security threats
- Prepare equipment for re-use or disposal
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong orientation toward customer service
- Organized multitasker able to work independently to complete assignments
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks
- Good communication and technical documentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows administration and standard corporate applications such as Microsoft Office is desirable
- Basic knowledge of networking, database design and maintenance, PC hardware, office equipment is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Leave
- Sick Time
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Education Assistance