About us: Trench Plate Rental Company, a growing construction, equipment rental, traffic control service company. With 35 years of success behind us, we are a profitable and financially stable company that has experienced consistent growth. We also manufacture most of our standard application products and manufacture custom shoring products.
Trench Plate Rental Company has an exciting opportunity for an energetic Driver / Crane Operator with a valid class A license at our Chicago, IL. Branch.
Why work at TPRCO: We offer a competitive salary and Comprehensive and generous benefit package.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision discount plan
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing plan.
- Health Care flexible spending account
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays
- Birthday and Anniversary Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
Summary: You will provide exceptional customer service by conducting daily activities, communications, and interactions in a cooperative, positive and professional manner. You will orient customers in the rental equipment operation. You will drive a truck with capacity of less than 26,000 lbs to transport trench plates, k-rail, steel trench boxes and other materials to and from construction sites, via crane operation for loading and unloading product. You will conduct pre-trip and post trip inspections of truck and/or trailer to ensure that all equipment is safe and in good working order. Maintain required paperwork according to company policy, federal, state, and provincial regulations.
Essential job Responsibilities:
- Secure loads using cheater bars, chains, tie down straps and binders to flatbed trucks and or trailer.
- Receive pickup/delivery instructions from Customer Service/Dispatch through assignment sheets or through two-way radios.
- Responsible for ensuring that loads are of the appropriate weight, height for the vehicle, and is properly secured for transportation.
- Safely move and position inventory, supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all of the T.P.R. Codes of Safe Practice in the performance of duties.
- May be assigned to duties or shifts that require working after regular hours and weekend work.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, perform repetitive physical work, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, walk, stand for periods of time, sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds. Visual abilities include; close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work in unprotected weather elements, able to wear hard toed shoes, and other required personal protective equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- High school diploma
- Current Class A Driver’s License issued from the State Department of Motor Vehicles
- A clean DMV record
- Company will train for crane operations
- Driving: 3 years’ experience in operating a large semi-truck or flatbed.
- Knowledge in local, provincial, state, and federal regulations and laws relative to safe and legal operation of a vehicle used for a cargo transport.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have familiarity with hydraulic equipment and have construction industry background.
Job Type: Full-time - non-exempt
Hourly / DOE
Trench Plate Rental Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V