- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other survey data received from surveying field staff. Interprets field and engineering data in order to effectively and efficiently complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to create field point plots and computations for construction staking for various types of construction projects including utilities infrastructure, roadways and curb, buildings, and all other proposed site improvements.
- Complete detailed drawings from sketches, plans, specifications and written/verbal instructions using computer-aided drafting programs, (Civil 3D/AutoCAD 13).
- Plots maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours and elevations to various site improvements.
- Develops detailed drawings of structures and installations such as buildings, roads, culverts, fresh water supply, sewage disposal systems and dikes.
- On occasion, accompanies survey crew in field to locate grading markers or to collect data required for creation of construction drawings and maps.
- Works cooperatively with other CAD technicians and/or engineers to complete assigned work.
- Proactively seeks input and clarification from other employee’s assigned to given project in order to minimize time spent in performing the essential duties of the position.
- Check assigned work to ensure accuracy and quality.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor’s degree in surveying/engineering or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience and professional registration (L.S., P.E., etc.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business is preferred.
- Has 5 to 10 years of surveying experience.
- Working knowledge and experience using Civil 3D software.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing GPS/RTK technology.
- Working knowledge and experience using Trimble Scanning Technology is preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
- Has experience in client development and supervision of the technical work of others (field crews).
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.