Trench Plate Rental Company has an exciting opportunity for a general yard laborer for our Dallas/Ft Worth, TX location.
Why work at TPRCO: We offer a competitive salary and Comprehensive and generous benefit package.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision discount plan
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Care flexible spending account
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Birthday and Anniversary Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
Summary: You will be responsible for cleaning, adjusting, calibrating, repairing and storing trench shores to ensure that they function properly when rented to clients. You will maintain facilities cleanliness and adhere to all local, state and federal regulations. You may use power tools to grind, finish, drill or prepare shores or trench plates for delivery. You will perform quality control and inventory functions.
Essential job responsibilities:
- You will help customers load and unload rental equipment.
- You will convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- You will sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all of the T.P.R. Codes of Safe Practice in the performance of duties.
- May be assigned to duties or shifts that require working after regular hours and weekend work.
- Be able to work flexible work schedule, be able to follow direction and follow through with little or no supervision.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Leadership skills- effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Good communication skills, will be self-motivated, able to effectively interact and provide excellent customer service.
- Basic math skills- add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and understand percentages.
Required education, licenses and experience:
- High school diploma
- Valid class c Driver’s License
- Construction background: 2 years
- 30,000 forklift and be able to drive a 5 ton truck
About us: Trench Plate Rental Company, a growing construction, equipment rental, traffic control service company. With 35 years of success behind us, we are a profitable and financially stable company that has experienced consistent growth. We also manufacture most of our standard application products and manufacture custom shoring products.
Job Type: Full-time non-exempt
Trench Plate Rental Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.