Lay the foundation for your career with our entry level Project Engineer opportunity. Get deeply involved in projects that take you to the heart of the construction industry. Begin or expand your career where you can succeed and grow in an environment focused on your development and best practices in the construction industry.
As a Project Engineer you will be a team player at the center of the action! You will:
- Pre-Construction/Project Start Up – assist in material takeoffs, obtain subcontractor and supplier quotes, schedule preparation, subcontractor/vendor scope interviews.
- Construction Management – obtain building and related permits, update project management tools (daily construction report, manpower report, PO/EWO logs, RFI log, QCL, punch list, submittal log, change orders, closeout documents, etc…) and participate and enforce Weis safety program.
- Submittals – obtain submittals and manage process from subcontractor submission and architect approval through coordination.
- Project Budget – obtain, qualify and challenge pricing of cost issues prior to owner submission, timely documentation of potential issues affecting the client’s budget and schedule and assist in subcontractor quality and contract performance.
- Post Construction – assist Project Coordinator to obtain final closeout submission documents, prepare final project records for storage and warranty follow-ups.
You will be part of a team with responsibility to ensure that our projects are completed on or ahead of schedule, on or under budget, and the client and associated parties (i.e. architect, engineer, etc.) are delighted with the final product.
We want individuals who strive for excellence:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management/Engineer with a strong academic performance
- 0-3 years of experience
- Leadership involvement
- Previous industry experience