Duininck Companies LLC, headquartered in West Central Minnesota, is a family-run company, diversified in industries ranging from construction to manufacturing, from real estate development to distribution. Founded in 1926, and now in its third generation, Duininck Companies continues to expand and grow. From the guiding vision and values, to the shared resources and capital, Duininck Companies provides a solid foundation; giving each of our independently operated family businesses the agility of a small company, and the stability and resources of a major corporation. To learn more about each of our independently operated companies please visit our company website.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking a Field Technician to join our team! The primary function of the position will be to diagnose and repair all heavy construction equipment on different job sites or in the shop. This individual must be flexible and open to traveling to different job sites throughout Minnesota and surrounding states. This individual must also be able to make timely equipment repairs, provide ongoing maintenance, and monitor equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and inspect all construction equipment and components to determine needed repairs.
- Discuss equipment problems with supervisor and/or others as needed.
- Repair, replace, calibrate, adjust and/or rebuild components.
- Test repaired equipment for proper operation.
- Inspect, add and/or change fluids and lubricants; check and replace worn parts and perform other routine service and maintenance.
- All required welding and fabrication work.
- Read equipment manuals, service bulletins and other resources; attend training sessions. Maintain and update knowledge of equipment to be serviced.
- Assist with ordering parts, materials and supplies needed for repair and maintenance.
- Record work performed, time, and materials used for each job; complete timecards and maintain related work logs and records.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, motor vehicles and heavy equipment and perform related duties as assigned by the Equipment Manager.
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and safety.
Required Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- Understand and adhere to the Duininck Standards of Conduct.
- Willingness and availability to travel as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred
- DOT Certification
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Negotiable relocation assistance for those who qualify
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Available
- Flex Benefit Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with up to 4% company match)
- Paid time off
- Company truck for traveling from job site to job site
- Tool Allowance