Trench Plate Rental Company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced General Yard Laborer / Delivery Driver for our San Diego, CA location.
Why work at TPRCO: We offer a competitive salary and Comprehensive and generous benefit package.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision discount plan
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Care flexible spending account
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Birthday and Anniversary Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
Summary: You will be responsible for loading and offloading manually or with a 5K or 30K Forklift, company and/or customer trucks. Clean, Inspect and Inventory trench plates. Clean, inspect, adjust, repair, test, calibrate, inventory and store trench shores to ensure that they function properly when rented to clients. You will have the opportunity to train for and make occasional job site deliveries and pickups with 1 to 5 ton trucks. You will maintain facility cleanliness and organization and adhere to all local, state and federal regulations. You will use power tools to grind, finish, drill or repair or prepare shores or trench plates for delivery. You will perform quality control and inventory functions.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Help customers or company truck drivers load and unload rental equipment.
- You will operate a ~ 5K and/or 30K capacity forklifts to load and offload trucks and transport equipment around yard, to production and designated storage areas.
- You will sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, in bins or yard storage locations according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all of the T.P.R. Company Codes of Safe Practice in the performance of duties.
- May be assigned to duties or shifts that require working before or after regular hours and occasional weekend work.
- Be able to work flexible work schedule, be able to follow direction and follow through with little or no supervision.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Leadership and teamwork skills- effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, able to effectively interact and provide excellent customer service.
- Basic math skills- add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and understand percentages.
Required education, licenses and experience:
- Excellent driving record
- High school diploma
- Valid class c Driver’s License
- Construction and/or rental yard laborer background: 2-3 years
- Experience operating 5,000 lb. up to 30,000 lb. capacity forklifts in a yard environment
- Experienced driving 1 to 5 ton trucks
- Ability to read and write and communicate in Basic English. Spanish language skills a plus
- Experience using power tools
About us: Trench Plate Rental Company, a growing construction, equipment rental, traffic control service company. With 35 years of success behind us, we are a profitable and financially stable company that has experienced consistent growth. We also manufacture most of our standard application products and manufacture custom shoring products.
Job Type: Full-time non-exempt
Trench Plate Rental Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.