Royal Electric Company; headquartered in Sacramento, CA, is a recognized leader in electrical and utility construction in the Western United States.
At Royal, we provide expert electrical design, construction, and service with builders, contractors and facility owners who value relationships, trust, expertise, and a commitment to achieving exceptional results.
We sustain this through our core values of expertise, collaboration, integrity, passion, and loyalty. Our values and beliefs support our philosophy that performing excellent work, combined with treating all people as human beings, serve to grow and prosper both those individuals and the company.
We have a current opening for a Service Operations Analyst, in Sacramento, CA.
The Service Operations Analyst will be responsible for several cross-functional activities in support of equipment and fleet vehicle logistics, review, implementation and training of business policies and procedures, as well as report management that will aid in lean processes.
- Manages Purchase Orders (POs) and invoicing from vendors, coding election for repairs and parts, and entering invoices into Spectrum
- Partners with the equipment shop to maintain records of repairs; as well as input, monitoring and dispatching of deliveries
- Assists in the administration and coordination of items relative to DOT, DMV and Insurance; including, but not limited to, licensing, insurance, monitoring of driver’s logs, driver eligibility, as well as laws and regulations
- Remains abreast of changing laws and regulations relative to DOT, DMV, and Insurance as it relates to business needs; will be charged with training and aiding in implementing changes to policies and procedures
- Acts as point person for company equipment management system Maintains inventory of company equipment and manages program used by company to track equipment by jobsite, type, and use
- Responsible for uploading, entering, and monitoring utilization data/information from Heavy Jobs; as well as provide schematic reporting as needed to management
Position Key Relationships:
- Equipment Shop
- Accounting Department
- Support Operations Department
- Field Crews
- 3+ years of related experience, Bachelor’s preferred
- Experience with DOT and CA DMV requirements preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to review procedures and processes and propose efficiencies
- Ability to work independently and with competing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
We offer competitive wages plus benefits and 401(k).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - veterans, women & minorities encouraged to apply.
We utilize E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
We promote a drug free workplace.