At Strategic Analysis, Inc., we recognize that success is a direct result of a happy, talented and results-driven team. We believe in creating an environment that gives everyone the opportunity to grow professionally and foster a career path that builds on strengths and talents through training, education, and leadership. SA is looking for highly motivated, talented individuals to join our team. If you are looking for a career opportunity, and have the required background and experience for any of our current opening, apply today. We look forward to speaking with you. If you are a new applicant, please search and select from Current Openings to apply. If you are a returning applicant, please Log in and apply to additional positions! SA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. SA participates in E-Verify.
Strategic Analysis is seeking a versatile, skilled Strategic Outreach Coordinator to support the Defense Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematics (STEM) Education Consortium (DSEC) within the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) by developing and executing strategic communications initiatives to disseminate key messages that highlight DoD STEM outreach efforts to internal DoD leadership, members of the media, the general public, and other interested stakeholders. Additional duties include media relations, internal and external communications, marketing and branding, producing and distributing communication materials, graphic design, and developing STEM outreach strategies.
- Bachelor Degree (related field preferred)
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5 years of experience and skills in communications, public relations, and/or journalism related to STEM.
- Significant experience with digital communications.
- Strong social media skills and ability to develop and carry out social media communication strategies is preferred.
- Strong website design and maintenance skills are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work independently.
Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within a reasonable period of time. Active DoD clearance preferred.
- Develop and execute strategic communications and media outreach activities in support of Defense STEM Education Consortium (DSEC) responsibilities and objectives.
- Coordinate media activity and external outreach within the DSEC Consortium in support of the all activities including Independent Research and Development (IR&D) initiatives, but not limited to:
- Provide strategic guidance to DSEC on messaging and potential external outreach opportunities;
- Draft and review DSEC messaging and materials for use with media interviews and external outreach activities;
- Track DSEC or related S&T stories and disseminate to staff;
- Provide support for entire DSEC on public approval and release processes.
- Conceive, prepare, and post information to DoD website including:
- Coordinate all changes, edits, and updates to websites;
- Track relevant DoD STEM public activities and provide weekly Enterprise “news” updates as appropriate for the websites;
- Coordinate with DSEC members and DoD agencies on any major events or news items or materials that should be linked to or posted.
- Assist in coordination of DSEC activities with OSD/PA:
- Serve as liaison between OSD/PAO and the DSEC organization on managing media inquiries and determining strategic external outreach opportunities;
- Conduct research on reporters’ backgrounds and past stories and provide context and propose draft responses to media inquiries;
- Coordinate with DSEC staff on responses to reporter inquiries, receive necessary approvals by senior leadership and send to OSDPA in timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Respond to Congressional Inquiries/reporting requirements:
- Assist in the development and coordination of appropriate responses and reports to congressional inquiries and legal requirements pertaining to R&E projects, as well as analyzing congressional documentation and interest in project activities.
- Maintain a database of congressional inquiries and Agency responses.
Highlight and promote the DSEC brand through the development and implementation of a social media strategy. Track, monitor, and report on social media performance
- Medical & Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Program
- Health Savings Account
- Long & Short Term Disability
- Lift Insurance
- Gold's Gym Corporate Membership
- Sick Leave
- Annual Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement