Trench Plate Rental Company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Yard 28,000 lb. Forklift Operator and Yard worker for our San Diego, CA location.
Why work at TPRCO: We offer a competitive salary and Comprehensive and generous benefit package.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision discount plan.
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Health Care flexible spending account
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Birthday and Anniversary Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Awards
Summary: You will be responsible for loading and offloading trench shoring equipment and trench plates onto and off of company and/or customer trucks with a 28,000 lb. forklift and manually as needed. You will also be responsible for cleaning, managing and keeping equipment organized and stored in the yard. Also, you will build and/or help build and test shoring systems prior to going back to inventory or load out. You will have the opportunity to train for and make occasional job site deliveries and pickups with 1 to 5 ton trucks. You will maintain facility cleanliness and organization and adhere to all local, state and federal regulations. You will use power tools to grind, finish, drill, repair or prepare shores or trench plates for delivery. You will perform quality control and inventory functions.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Help customers or company truck drivers load and unload rental equipment.
- Operate a 28K capacity forklifts to load and offload trucks and transport equipment around yard, to production and designated storage areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, in bins or yard storage locations according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Build and/or help build and test shoring systems prior to going back to inventory or load out.
- Responsible for knowing and adhering to all of the T.P.R. Company Codes of Safe Practice in the performance of duties.
- May be assigned to duties or shifts that require working before or after regular hours and occasional weekend work.
- Be able to work flexible work schedule, be able to follow direction and follow through with little or no supervision.
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The employee must be able to squat, kneel, twist, and climb onto and off trucks and forklifts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Leadership and teamwork skills- effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Good communication skills, self-motivated, able to effectively interact and provide excellent customer service.
- Basic math skills- add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and understand percentages.
Required education, licenses and experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience operating 28,000 lb. capacity forklifts in a construction yard environment loading and offloading flatbed trucks
- Excellent driving record
- High school diploma
- Valid class c Driver’s License
- Construction and/or rental yard laborer background: 2-5 years
- Experienced driving 1 to 5 ton trucks
- Ability to read and write and communicate in Basic English. Spanish language skills a plus
- Experience using power tools
About us: Trench Plate Rental Company, a growing construction, equipment rental, traffic control service company. With 35 years of success behind us, we are a profitable and financially stable company that has experienced consistent growth. We also manufacture most of our standard application products and manufacture custom shoring products.
Job Type: Full-time non-exempt
Trench Plate Rental Company is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.