As a Screed Operator on our team, you will be responsible for achieving specified depth of paving and surface quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operates screed to level asphalt or concrete to achieve specified surface quality and/or paving depth.
- Reads grade stakes and works with grade checker, laser, or GPS to maintain grade.
- Works closely with other crew members using hand signals and verbal communication to coordinate work and ensure safety.
- Keeps equipment clean and prepares equipment for transport on flatbed when needed.
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance and ensures that machine is in safe, proper working order including fluid checks and proper lubrication.
- Notifies mechanic when equipment needs maintenance and repair.
- Maintains orderliness, cleanliness and safety at jobsite.
- Follows Supervisor’s instructions closely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand basic screed mechanics.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Travel and some Saturday work are required.