IPD Engineering has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer based in our Buffalo, NY office. IPD Engineering is a progressive Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Structural design firm, which takes an active role in assisting owners and architects to re-think and re-imagine occupant spaces in the most sustainable and economical way possible. Our firm is known for being pioneers in our industry, implementing some of the most innovative and sustainable engineering designs in our industry.
The successful candidate will be a member of our multi-disciplinary design team and will be provided mentoring opportunities working under our senior engineering leadership. There will be opportunities to work on various types of renovation and new construction projects for commercial, residential and institutional building types, including health care, technology, utilities, education, multi-tenant residential, institutional, and commercial markets. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate with utility company for new/upgrades of electrical service.
- Perform engineering related calculations, including electrical load and energy calculations.
- Design of electrical power and lighting systems.
- Design of fire alarm systems.
- Selection of electrical equipment.
- Coordinating with other engineering and architectural trades during design.
- Develop construction documents in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Participate in developing details, equipment schedules and specifications.
- Participate in construction administration, including submittal reviews, engaging in the contractor’s construction team, and site inspection reports.
- Prepare Engineering Feasibility Reports.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of three years of relevant experience. FE or pursuant of FE preferred. Familiarity with Autocad, Revit, and Microsoft Office required. Candidate shall have excellent verbal and written communication skills.