At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Engineer - Software and Controls
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. We are currently searching for a dynamic, self-starter Software and Controls Engineer responsible for the definition development, implementation, and documentation of customer specific system controls hardware and system application software. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Complete all controls and software integration and documentation within budget and on schedule.
- Develop specifications and designs for system controls (power, I/O, communications, machine interfaces, RoboGuide simulations etc.) to meet customer needs for the project
- Develop system documentation (AutoCAD prints of controls designs, Software Backups, System Operation Manuals, Spare Parts Lists, etc.)
- Comply with FANUC standards for controls designs, application software and system documentation
- Manage controls and software activities during system integration phases, including design review, integration, debug, run-off and acceptance
- Procure quotes, purchase and track project specific hardware and software from FANUC vendors
- Procure, manage and monitor contractor performance, hired to meet project goals
- Work with distribution partners to address issues associated with delivering options such as auxiliary axis packages, vision and similar option requirements.
- To act as a technical sales resource for our distributions partners and direct sales force.
- Provide strong customer service while assisting District Managers with routine sales issues allowing them to focus on increasing unit sales and profit growth.
- Work as part of an execution team to ensure overall success of project.
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Prefer minimum two years of project related responsibilities
- Prefer minimum two years of experience with automated manufacturing or robotic systems activities
- Understanding of standard electrical codes, such as NEC, IEEE, NEMA, ANSI, NFPA, etc.
- Prefer the ability to design control panels, electrical schematics, I/O diagrams, and pneumatic schematics
- Ability to design and engineer controls and software for factory automation equipment
- Ability to read electrical and controls prints
- Prefer PLC programming experience (A-B and GE Fanuc preferred)
- Prefer AutoCAD experience
- Prefer robot programming experience
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision, be a self-starter and be relatively assertive
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement program
- Life Insurance
- Disability Income
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous holiday and vacation program
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor