For over 50 years, E & E has been a leading supplier in the automotive industry specializing in metal stampings and welded assemblies. Our growth and success is a result of the dedication and commitment of our company.
A Weld Technician will be working within and supporting a team environment using good communication and interpersonal skills, while constantly striving to maintain a goal of zero downtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Also, additional job duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical support in developing ad improving welding processes
- Set up of robotic and resistance weld operations, and Poke-yoke apparatus
- Troubleshoot part fit-up problems
- Provide general weld support to operators
- Knowledge of robot programming and general welding maintenance (Fanuc, Panasonic)
- Controls knowledge (Allen-Bradley, Fanuc, SLC 500 and SLC 5000 family of controls and HMI)
- Provide support in the analysis and resolution of weld equipment failures
Employees are expected to follow all standards listed below:
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Consistently adhere to and support company policies and procedures, including ISO14001, IATF16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Actively support the E&E values.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees also may be subject to certain environments such as working near loud moving mechanical parts. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following environments include:
- Fumes or air borne particles
- Toxic or caustic chemicals
- Extreme heat (non-weather)
- Risk of electrical shock
The noise level in the working environment will be heavy with high traffic. Ear protection will be required.
The physical demands describes below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical demands include:
- Climb or balance
- Weight up to 35 Pounds
Special Vision Requirements
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Depth perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
To effectively carry out duties and responsibilities in the job position the following education, experience, or certifications are preferred:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three to five years as a weld technician in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 year certificate in an electronic/electrician or robotic weld technical program or equivalent experience preferred
Additional Skills Required:
To effectively carry out duties and responsibilities in the job position the following skills are required:
- Experience with basic computer systems.
- Speak effectively with fellow employees or customers.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, etc.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Apply mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, as well as basic algebra.
- Detail oriented.
- Organized and able to meet deadlines while performing multiple duties.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
E & E offers a competitive wage, solid opportunity, and a career path to success. We offer comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401 (k) program, and free membership to local gym.