Title: Marketing Analyst Intern (Part-Time)
Department / Division: Marketing
The Marketing Analyst Intern is responsible for supporting the marketing team and marketing activities of multiple entities in the Demetree Global business enterprise. This position reports directly to the Marketing Lead.
- Provide marketing research information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends into reports, spreadsheet and/or presentation format
- Utilize Hubspot tools to help build custom marketing reports for all sales and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and implement data mining and list building strategies
- Research and recommend changes to online Google AdWords and re-targeting efforts
- Document various processes and procedures; organize them as directed
- Perform regular competitive analyses for a variety of Demetree businesses
- Maintain familiarity with local market conditions and competitive landscape; suggest improvements and new ideas based on this familiarity
- Proactively identify current events, market and industry trends; use information to help guide marketing strategy
- Use various marketing tools and technology, software and databases for Demetree Global and its various enterprises, including, but not limited to, HubSpot, CRM/Salesforce, Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, Google Docs or Sheets, customer and prospect lists, media lists and Mailchimp
- Research and identify industry and business awards for Demetree businesses
- Set up Google Alerts and other third party media monitoring online to track/measure media coverage, industry happenings, competitor activities and public relations results
- Interview subject matter experts within all business enterprises to help generate content
- Assist in collecting field photos and daily/weekly happenings from business enterprises; may sometimes require attending offsite events
- Attend marketing team meetings and other team meetings, as needed, within the organization and its enterprises
- Perform a wide range of administrative support to the marketing team
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
- Other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of related experience, or any combination of education and/or experience
- Experience with various marketing tools and technology preferred, including, but not limited to, HubSpot, CRM/Salesforce, Google Docs or Sheets, customer and prospect lists, media lists and Mailchimp
- Knowledge of industry specific programs and systems to increase efficiency, automation and reporting/analytics of data
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Business or related field preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This position will work primarily in an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, reach with arms and hands, and lift up to 50 pounds. There are no special vision requirements.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.