Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. We offer a workplace ripe with rewarding opportunities while cultivating a healthy work-life balance. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. Take a closer look at all that makes Timmons Group unique: diverse talents, challenging assignments, interesting projects, culture of learning and a flexible family-friendly work environment. Competitive salaries and a generous benefits package strengthen the advantages we offer. For more information, visit: www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Civil Project Engineer II to join our Renewable Energy practice in either our Richmond, VA office or our Plano, TX Office. Projects in this group focus on land development for utility scale wind and solar farm projects around the country. A typical scope on a project includes road design, crane path design, hydrologic and hydraulic analysis and design, mass grading, erosion and sediment control design and field reconnaissance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and AutoCAD Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelors or master's degree in civil engineering or a closely related degree.
- Ideal candidates would have 2+ of experience in Land Development site planning civil engineering.
- EIT preferred.
- Working knowledge AutoCAD Civil 3D strongly preferred
- Must be legally eligible to work in the Unites States without sponsorship now and in the future.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.